Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions VisualArchitect
Options

GUI feature requests

I decided to start a thread for features you would like to see added or that need to be fixed.

I was working on the system layout and thought it would be nice to be able to zoom in/out. This would make it a little easier to organize to the layout, especially as the number of devices grows.

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    It would also be nice if I could drag the connecting lines to clean up the diagram without having to move the device around hoping that the lines go where I want them.

I believe someone also mentioned varying thickness and color of lines also.

Jeff
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    What about if you could have layers of pages that were stackable, much like CAD. The first layer would show everything and then each layer afterwards could show a different piece of info.
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I like it. You could show only AXLINK connections, only Composite video, only Network, ....

Could be very helpful when printing out documentation for use in the field.

Jeff
  • Options
    ColinMColinM Posts: 1
    Being able to expand all sections of an NI at the same time would be very beneficial, especially for the printed documentation.
  • Options
    ColinM wrote:
    Being able to expand all sections of an NI at the same time would be very beneficial, especially for the printed documentation.
    You can accomplish what you're requesting already in VA. From either the Edit menu or from the System diagram's right-click context menu, turning off 'Single Expand' will allow you to expand all of a device's connection groups. You can use this in conjunction with the Expand/Collapse submenu to expand/collapse all elements or selected elements.
  • Options
    TryllTryll Posts: 33
    Show device properties?

I'd like to be able to review properties of devices which are not in my current diagram. Maybe via the context menu in the device list? Is there already some way to do this?
  • Options
    TryllTryll Posts: 33
    IR Capture

The IR capture window should have the ability to "uncheck captured". I tend to have to cancel the capture session several times during a capture for various reasons. Unlike IRedit, VA's capture does not have a Skip>> function. So, when I start capturing again, it wants to recapture stuff I've already done. Then I have to manually uncheck everything that has a successful capture icon next to it.