Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Insering AXC cards online?

Hi there,

Anyone know if AXC-... cards can be inserted online into an AXCESS CardFrame without turning power off, and if yes, if the newly inserted cards would be recognised by the system (i.e. "show device") without rebooting the cardframe?

Thanks,
Bob

Comments

• Options
    FrankieFrankie Posts: 71
    Installing the AXC-232++ in a CardFrame:
    1. Remove all static electricity by grounding yourself.
    2. Hold the card by the tab end and slide the card into the frame, into one of the slots. Make sure
    the card is correctly positioned in the guide slot.
    3. Gently push the card in until it is firmly seated in the card connector slot. You do not have to
    disconnect the power to the CardFrame when you install the card. When power is applied to
    the card, the LEDs blink to indicate the connection.
  • Options
    chillchill Posts: 186
    bob wrote:
    Anyone know if AXC-... cards can be inserted online into an AXCESS CardFrame without turning power off, and if yes, if the newly inserted cards would be recognised by the system (i.e. "show device") without rebooting the cardframe?

Yes, they are hot-swappable. Don't know about the reboot, it's been a long time. HTH.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Axlink is essentially RS-422. My understanding is that once addressed in the program, the master will respond to events from that address, which is how you can emulate events via the terminal screen, and the DO_PUSH function. So once that address starts appearing on the 422 buss, you are in operation. It certainly works like this with Axlink boxes, I don't see why a card should be any different - no reboot should be needed unless you have some manner of initialization to perform.
  • Options
    bobbob Posts: 296
    Thanks much, guys!
  • Options
    If you want the code to check for the presence of a card, use DEVICE_ID. Act on the change of the device value,like

WAIT 10 'CHECK ONCE A SECOND'
    {
    DEVICE_NOW = DEVICE_ID(AXC_CARD)
    IF (DEVICE_NOW <> DEVICE_OLD)
    {
    DEVICE_OLD = DEVICE_NOW
    (* OTHER ACTIONS HERE *)
    }
    }

A new card will automatically be regognised, no need for anything "special".

Be careful hot-swapping relay and voltage card though - you can greatly affect the devices connected on those, and they can affect the card as well.
  • Options
    bobbob Posts: 296
    Mediapilotinc, thanks for the code!