Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

About Sharp LC-32G4T LCD TV???

Dearall,

I tried many ways to control it,but.......fail,fail,and fail

When the TV is in 'off' state(orange light), all of the commands is not working, and there's no response back
Otherwise, when the TV is in 'on' state(green light), all of the commands is still not working, but there's response back 'ERR'(just only this one)

Should I mention other things?or.......

Comments

• Options
    TimmaaTimmaa Posts: 9
    Sharp LC-32G4T

What is your protocol and what is your com port set to?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Turn off power savings mode. If it's in power saving, the serial port shuts down when the TV does. You want it to only go into standby. That's the one problem.

As for the ERR messages, you may have to experiment with it a bit with a terminal connection to see what works. Sharp has not ever been very consistent from model to model ... some need extra zeros in the parameter, some use spaces; but the command itself is generally the same. Also, I have noticed on some, you get an ERR message when you try to switch it to a state it's already in. I've attached a rough module I have used successfully, see how it goes for you.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Oh, that module includes a serial and IR port because it predates my knowledge of the power savings thing. You will have to adjust it not to use IR to turn on and off.
  • Options
    J.Y.J.Y. Posts: 34
    Thanks a lot,
    After tuned power saving mode off.
    the control is OK.
    Thanks again.