Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

IR receiver understanding

Hi

Somebody can explain me how work IR receiver on CV7 panel ?

My understanding is as I can use it for one channel only......

My need is, my customer want to control the devices by remote control too.
In the other word, when he is in the swimming pool, (I know as to have a remote near swimming pool is not a good idea but....) he want to change the vol or disc track by the remote control, and in the other time do control by touch panel

Comments

• Options
    CV7 TP and IR Receiver

In your TP4 file, use the Project Properties -> IR Emitters and Receivers tab to assign a touchpanel port for the receipt of IR codes (for example, port 10). In your Netlinx program, define the device/port combination for use with IR from that touchpanel (i.e. for device 10001, the IR device/port would be 10001:10:0) in DEFINE_DEVICE. Then declare your event handler(s) for that device for the IR codes/channels based on how you map them and perform functions accordingly. You will of course need a mapping that defines the channels generated for each of the IR remote control buttons so you can build your event handler. The example below uses arbitrary channel codes - your codes will depend on your device and which channels you decide to implement.
    DEFINE_DEVICE

dvTP_IR = 10001:10:0       // IR port defined as port 10 on CV7

DEFINE_VARIABLE

(* IR channel array - dependent on your IR device and channel mapping *)

VOLATILE INTEGER nIRChannels[] = { 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, ..... }   // IR channels

DEFINE_EVENT

CHANNEL_EVENT[dvTP_IR, nIRChannels]
    {
      ON:
      {
        STACK_VAR INTEGER nIRFunction

nIRFunction = GET_LAST(nIRButtons)

... do stuff ...
      }
    }

• Options
    DenisDenis Posts: 163
    Tanks for your explain

I understand as all codes comes from a remote control, so are an IR code...nice.

But wich remote control I have to use ? Wish IR data file ? Are there exist an AMX remote ?

The unit as I have to control, in my program, all commands are in RS232. I suppose as I can control by IR too.
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Denis wrote:
    But wich remote control I have to use ? Wish IR data file ? Are there exist an AMX remote ?

You can use any TXC series transmitters from AMX ;) or new more stylish and modern design Modero R1 remote :D

Or you can also use any IR remote able to transmit standard AMX IR codes ;)

Vinc
  • Options
    DenisDenis Posts: 163
    If I understand...

I will use RC control same as a touch panel or keypad.