Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Viewstat with Humidity Experience

Greetings,

I am putting together a system with Viewstats. The project requires humidity sensors on some of them. Having never used Viewstats with humidity sensors, I am leary because the Netlinx module documentation says that humidity sensors can prevent the Viewstat from showing the current temperature.

Could someone please explain this to me?

If the Viewstat cannot display the temperature, nor allow you to manually arrow it up and down with a sensor attached, I will have to choose another stat for the project.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    You can set up the humidity sensor as a remote sensor that doesn't control anything, and it won't override the temperature in that case. There are dipswitches on the remote interface for that. If it's controlling a humidifier, obviously, that will override the temp because there is no furnace at that point. But you can go either way.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    How do the humidity sensors interface? Directly to a stat or are they a stand-alone 422 device?
  • Options
    dcperedcpere Posts: 7
    The humidity sensors are wired to a remote sensor module.
    The rsr terminals on the viewstat are used for communicaton with remote modules.They are therefore sepparate from the 422 lines to controller
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The humidity sensors talk to the thermostat, the stat itself talks on the 422 buss. If you set the humidity sensor as a "remote" sensor, it simply provides readings, otherwise it takes over the thermostat to contol a humidifier.