Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Best Template for MVP-7500

I've read the other threads about the quality of the images on the MVP-7500. Unfortunately, being an independent programmer, I don't have any say on the equipment selected.

So, of the various templates available, is there one that is better for the 7500 over the others?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have only ever worked with one of them, and my experience with it led to me strongly urging sales never to sell another. I couldn't make it look nice no matter what I did. The biggest problem is that the edges of graphical elements tend to bleed - for example, vertical lines from the corners of buttons going to the edge of the screen, stuff like that. There is also a considerable amount of bloom. I would have rather they made a less expensive model by going the G3 route (less resolution, smaller palettes) than what they did with this display, it's truly awful.
  • Options
    videoninjavideoninja Posts: 29
    I have found that designing the panel (I do all my own graphics) with a black line running along the entire width across the top (say 2 pixels high) of the panel, all of the streaking and hideousness that accompanies a passive display was eliminated. Of course, don't use TOO many colors...
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    what videoninja said: dont use to much colors, but using a color like blue can be well used. If i had to choose, i would go with the Platinum template. Its clean and nice :p
  • Options
    JMeeksJMeeks Posts: 8
    The blue curved (forget what it's called) template looks good on a 7500. I'll have to try that 2px black line at the top trick.
  • Options
    ondrovicondrovic Posts: 217
    I have found that it is best to use a darker color scheme with the 7500's. I have to agree with what videoninja said try not to use too many colors.
  • Options
    I'm working on a large project and also use the 7500. I use three colors:

* Background white
    * Buttons: 7F4000DA
    * feedback buttons: Light yellow

I must say: it looks nice for a 7500
  • Options
    RiksterRikster Posts: 2
    If you are using G4Panel Builder, Aqua Lens template is the best looking one