Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions
Options

AXB-NET PC Server example

Attached is example server software for demonstrating communication between an AXB-NET and PC. This software emulates an AXB-NET in server mode.

Example useage from a Windows command prompt:
axb-net_server -i:10.0.0.1

If you don't include ip address it will pick the first Ethernet adaptor.

It listens for incoming connections and print out the communications exchange. This example is limited to five AXB-NET clients.

If you are interested in controlling an Axlink bus via AXB-NET from a PC/Mac/or Linux drop me an email so we might discuss your software needs.

Note: AXB-NET is a discontinued product. Units can often be found on ebay.

Joel Winarske
joelw at indyelectronics dot com

Comments

• Options
    ryanwwryanww Posts: 196
    Actually I have a question.

I got one of these wanting to try controling AMX with a web page. I got all the server software, and was able to get it communicating between the AXB-NET and the PC, but couldn't get it to do anything more. I created a touch panel in TPDesign 3 and exported it as HTML using the right IP address and such, but nothing.

Do I actually have to go through and manually code everything to work with Weblinx?

Ryan
  • Options
    joelwjoelw Posts: 175
    ryanww wrote:
    I got one of these wanting to try controling AMX with a web page. I got all the server software, and was able to get it communicating between the AXB-NET and the PC, but couldn't get it to do anything more. I created a touch panel in TPDesign 3 and exported it as HTML using the right IP address and such, but nothing.

Do I actually have to go through and manually code everything to work with Weblinx?

Hi Ryan,

Be sure to read this document: http://www.amx.com/techdocs/0532158.pdf

If you're looking for Weblinx help please post a fresh thread.