Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Escient Fireball IR codes

Hi. Does anyone out there have an IR file that works with the Escient Fireball units? Some of the codes in the IR file AMX has on file do not work. I'd appreciate the assistance. Thanks.

Tim

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Are you using the fireball on a Netlinx or Axcess processor? If you are using it on a netlinx processor, I HIGHLY recommend using the IP communication module provided. The IP module had the fireball working inside of 5 minutes in our showroom and the functionality it adds to the system is amazing. I would almost have to call it MAX lite by AMX ;) If you have to use IR, which Escient unit are you using? There are two different codesets for the fireballs (that I know of). The new DVDM-100 uses different IR codes than the E-40/120s.

Jeff
  • Options

Jeff,
    I'm using an Axcess system and the Escient is one of the E-40/120 Fireball units.

Tim
  • Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    It looks like escient has the files you need on their website: http://www.escient.com/support_integration_amx.html

Hope this helps,

Jeff
  • Options

I'm pretty sure I tried their IR file and it did not work for all the functions either. I'll give it a try to see if it's changed. Thanks.

Tim
  • Options
    Tim:

Why don't you use RS232 control. It works fine but I am using Netlinx. You may have spend some time writing code to handle data coming and parsing them out but it seems to work fine

Kenny
  • Options

I'm trying to control the Escient using a stand alone viewpoint without a control hub using IR. I'll try the IR code Escient had on their web site this weekend. I think we already tried that one but I can't say for sure. The IR file AMX had for this unit worked on some commands but commands like "page up, page down" didn't. Thanks for the help.

Tim