Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

BSS SoundWeb Control?

Does anybody know if the BSS Soundweb London uses the same protocal as the original soundweb?Thanks in advance!

Comments

• bopper wrote:
    Does anybody know if the BSS Soundweb London uses the same protocal as the original soundweb?Thanks in advance!

The protocol of Soundweb London differs from the other Soundweb system. My colleague did some program, but he's back in the office just on Friday. I'll ask him if he has some example.

Kind regards,
  • bopperbopper Posts: 5
    Thanks Marc,
    That's what I thought.I was on the BSS user forum(lurking) and several post from the moderators instructs the user to review the BSS 3rd part interface kit when somebody has a question regarding external control for the BU series.When it's an original soundweb question,they point out the SWlib include file.
  • champchamp Posts: 261
    It uses a different protocol, but uses the same checksum method and STX, ETX removal.
    IE you still need to search your strings for for STX ($02) and ETX ($03) and replace them with "$1B, $82" or "$1B, $83".

The best part of the software is it displays the serial strings for each volume and switcher device when you use them.

I wish all audio DSP device software included this.
  • bopperbopper Posts: 5
    I've decideded to bite the bullet and create a custom include file to control this device.It doesn't make sense to create a module because node address parameters are job specific(atleast thats the way I read the London interface kit)I pulled out the special replacement chars call from the SWlib.axi and modernized it.So here it is ,if anybody wants it.

DEFINE_FUNCTION CHAR[50] BuildBody(CHAR cCmd[])
    {
    STACK_VAR INTEGER nCheckSum,nCount;
    STACK_VAR CHAR cTemp[50];

FOR (nCount = 1; nCount <= LENGTH_STRING(cCmd); nCount++) // create checksum
    {
    nCheckSum = nCheckSum ^ cCmd[nCount]
    }

cCmd = "cCmd,nCheckSum"

FOR (nCount = 1; nCount <= LENGTH_STRING(cCmd); nCount++) // check and replace
    {
    SELECT
    {
    ACTIVE(cCmd[nCount]=STX):
    cTemp = "cTemp,ESC,$82"

ACTIVE(cCmd[nCount]=ETX):
    cTemp = "cTemp,ESC,$83"

ACTIVE(cCmd[nCount]=ACK):
    cTemp = "cTemp,ESC,$86"

ACTIVE(cCmd[nCount]=NAK):
    cTemp = "cTemp,ESC,$95"

ACTIVE(cCmd[nCount]=ESC):