Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Integrating NI-3000 & Axcent 3?

I've been using an Axcent 3 for years, and am switching to an NI-3000. However, I want to continue using all of the ports on my Axcent 3 unit. Is this possible? Can the Axcent 3 be set as a "slave" somehow on the axlink bus?

Comments

• Options
    Now I'm answering my own silly question: According to the Axcent 3 docs, "Program port commands: SET BASE DEVICE NUMBER. Sets the AXlink base device number on the controller's RS-232 port 1. Subsequent ports on the controller are incrementally set. If the device number is 1, the controller becomes an AXlink bus master, and if the device number is set to 2-xxx, the controller becomes a slave."

So, I should be able to "SET BASE DEVICE NUMBER 2" and then plug this sucker right into the axlink port of my new NI-3000. Does this look right to you?
  • Options
    Yep! You got it.

Don't forget to use ONLINE DATA_EVENTS instead of the DEFINE_START section of your program when sending initial configuration changes to your Axcent3 and NI Integrated devices/ports (since the DEFINE_START section of your program may exectute before the devices come online)

Enjoy
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Unless you need the extra ports, you can forget the NI-3000 and just pop in an NXC-ME260 with a module shell, or an NI-700.
  • Options
    Thank you for the info & the tip about online data_events. I wasn't aware of this, so that is good to know.

Dave: I needed the extra ports & already bought the NI-3000.
  • Options
    One thing to keep in mind when you're connecting the Axcent3 to the NI-3000 via axlink is the power. If you have local power supplies for both make sure to disconnect the power wire of the Axlink bus.