Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

DMS CD List

Does anybody has a Netlinx routine/code that can handle large CD changers for the old Style DMS keypads. I have a project with a 200CD changer and 7 DMS that I would like to display the generic CD names like Disc 1, Disc 2, Disc 3... in a scrolling list from 1 to 200. Back in the old Landmark Days we didn't have to think about this, the program created it automatically. In Netlinx, we have to hard code. I tried Design Xpress, but the code it creates is way too complex and refers to variables all over a bunch of include files.

I currently use the File/Open approach for TUNER presets and Cable/Sat Music channels and it works fine. Basically I creat a text file with the "Name | number" presets and load them to a structure. In the DMS keypads I create a list that holds the structure info, the DMS page list also has one button for each preset.

When using large CD changers my approach is not efficient. In this case, I would need to create a DMS list page with 200 buttons. In Design Xpress, the generated code handles 16 CDs at a time, by using cross referenced CD indexes in a DB and structure. I wonder if anybody wouldn't mind sharing a code sample that can do a similar approach without the Design Xpress complexity.

Thanks,

Ricardo