Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Java Issues

Im trying to pull up a web page that my designer designed for me. I think my Java installation is too new and I am having problems finding a correct non corrupt download
The message I am getting on the java console is
getDefault, waiting, this = com.amx.wdm.netWebDeviceRegistry@747fa2

On the actual page I am getting this

Loading class com.amx.wdm.net WebDevicesRegistry$infoTable

It hangs there.

This is version Java (TM) Plug In Version 1.4.0_03

I do have other downloads of 1.4.0_02 but they all seem corrupted.

Comments

• Options
    1.4.0_03 is an extremly olde Java version, you should use 1.4.2_10 or higher of the Runtime environment (JRE):
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html

Please also check that TPDesign3 has Version 3.16 Build 200. If not, please update TPDesign3 and convert and download the pages again.

If you use Duet firmware in the master, it's recommended to enlarge the memory reserved for Duet to minimum 5MB:

The following is part of a terminal session:
    >show mem
    Volatile Free   :  9234320 (largest free block in bytes)
    NonVolatile Free:   931224 (bytes free)
    Disk Free       : 27090944 (bytes of free space)
    Duet Memory Free :  5231916 (bytes)
     Partition 1 -   1037612 (bytes)
     Partition 2 -   4194304 (bytes)
    >get duet mem

Duet Memory: 5M
    >set duet mem

Duet Memory: 5M
    Enter new Duet Memory size (between 1M and 16M):  5
    Duet Memory set to 5M
    >

I hope this will help.

Kind regards,
  • Options
    ClingpeachClingpeach Posts: 156
    Hi thanks for your reply. Did all as you suggested. No luck. Im not running Duet by the way.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've had some very mixed results with G3 web control. I've had some computers that had no problem at all connecting to the web panel, and others that just would not connect at all to the same panel. It very well could be a browser setting that is blocking it as well, or the ISP has the port blocked (perhaps someone who understands the Java error message better than I can pinpoint it more exactly). If you are confident the panel can be reached at all (not being blocked by the ISP), try another computer or different browser (if you are using IE, try Firefox, or vica versa).
  • Options
    Some more suggestions:

- Does the Java Panel have an unique address on the bus? Some weeks ago I got nuts because my java panel won't start, and at the end I found that I had used the same bus address for the java applet and for a real panel.

- While loading the applet is over IP port 80, the communicatiom between the applet and the master is on IP port 10500.
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    My computer can connect to all G3 panels on campus but my co-workers are hit and miss. Were all in the same office and same sub-net, go figure. Have you tried another computer? or differernt Java?
  • Options
    ClingpeachClingpeach Posts: 156
    Stranger and stranger.
    It was a port forwarding issue. Nothing to do with all the variations of java. Whats strange is that some computers could connect and some could not....
    But now all working.
    Thanks for all your help
  • Options
    AMX only supports Java version 1.4.2_07 for it's G3 web control. Anything newer than that and you can expect problems.

It is possible to run both the newest version of Java, and the old (for G3 web control compatibility) at the same time. The trick is to have the newest version installed, and then install the old 1.4.2_07. They will run in conjunction then. What you do NOT want to do is have the old, and install the newest. Doing that will overwrite the old.
  • Options
    AMX only supports Java version 1.4.2_07 for it's G3 web control. Anything newer than that and you can expect problems.

It is possible to run both the newest version of Java, and the old (for G3 web control compatibility) at the same time. The trick is to have the newest version installed, and then install the old 1.4.2_07. They will run in conjunction then. What you do NOT want to do is have the old, and install the newest. Doing that will overwrite the old.

We also have absolutely good experience with JRE v1.4.2_10 to _12 . From _10, there is a fellable speedup in launching the aplett.