Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Help! NI-3000 cannot be ping-ed

A strange problem happens with my NI-3000 master. When i 'ping' it, it does not response. When i'm trying to ping it *while powering it on*, some pings (4-8) get their answers, and then the situation is repeated - i'm getting 'no answer from host' message.
This thing began to happen after:
1) I accidentally shortened up two contacts from NXP-CPI16, which were connected to LED through the resistor (NXP-CPI16 is connected to master through the ICSNet bus);
2) We connected a WiFi Router to our network, but to my mind it should not affect anything..... ;(
Link/Act status LED blinks like it should blink with normal connection, but no real connection happens... G4 Panel, connected through ethernet, doesn't "see" NI-3000.
So, now i cannot even connect to my netlinx master :( Can anybody help?

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    You connected a WiFi router, or just an access point? This was an existing network that presumabley already had some manner of router? Perhaps you have two DHCP servers running on the same network. That could confuse network devices considerably.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Ilya wrote:
    A strange problem happens with my NI-3000 master. When i 'ping' it, it does not response. When i'm trying to ping it *while powering it on*, some pings (4-8) get their answers, and then the situation is repeated - i'm getting 'no answer from host' message.
    This thing began to happen after:
    1) I accidentally shortened up two contacts from NXP-CPI16, which were connected to LED through the resistor (NXP-CPI16 is connected to master through the ICSNet bus);
    2) We connected a WiFi Router to our network, but to my mind it should not affect anything..... ;(
    Link/Act status LED blinks like it should blink with normal connection, but no real connection happens... G4 Panel, connected through ethernet, doesn't "see" NI-3000.
    So, now i cannot even connect to my netlinx master :( Can anybody help?

It sounds like your new WiFi Router might be creating a firewall between your copper network and the WiFi network. I'm guessing that your computer is also connected via the wireless network.

bear in mind that as far as your wired network is concerned, everything coming off the wirelss access is coming from one NIC card.

I would not put a WiFi router in with another wired network and router. I'd put a true Wireless Access Point. a WAP will just make a unique connection of each wireless card to the existing network. (example: 5 wireless card will get 5 distinct IP address on the same subnet as the rest of the wired network.)

Hope that helps