Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

G3 web interface

Hi guys,
I'd like to ask you something about G3 web inteface:
a) how many simple (not too complicated) G3 web panels can an NI controller (ex.NI700) have?
b)can more than one users load his own panel at the same time? (not the same panel)

Thank you all,

George

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Hi guys,
    I'd like to ask you something about G3 web inteface:
    a) how many simple (not too complicated) G3 web panels can an NI controller (ex.NI700) have?
    b)can more than one users load his own panel at the same time? (not the same panel)

Thank you all,

George

a) As many as the master has memory to store the web pages and graphics for. This will vary with the size of the Web Control pojects, but for an NI-700, it comes out to quite a few.
    b) Yes. If it's not the same panel, there is no issue I am aware of. I'm sure there is some manner of limit as to how many connections the master will alllow, but I am pretty sure it's high enough you don't need to worry about it. If you need to have multiple instances of the same panel open, that can be done as well, there is a Tech Note dealing with the issue, and though I haven't done it in a long while, I don't recall it being very difficult.
  • Options
    In the past there was a recommendation not to have more then 20 G3 webcontrol connections the same time. I'm not sure if this was a for using the same panel the same time or for webpanels in general. I'm also not sure if this is still with the new much faster controllers.

If you are using the v3 firmware (aka DUET firmware), it's highly recommended to size up the memory range reserved for Duet. By default the Duet memory is only 1MegaByte of the Master's RAM, which is too less just to operate the webserver, and which is not enough to also support G3 Webcontrol. We use a minimum of 5 Meg, but I can remember a technote recommending 12 Meg.

To resize the memory, use the following terminal command:
    Welcome to NetLinx v3.12.332 Copyright AMX Corp. 1999-2005
    >set duet mem

Duet Memory: 1M
    Enter new Duet Memory size (between 1M and 16M):  5
    Duet Memory set to 5M
    >