Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

They got the black leather jacket back

Hello all.
I remember a request several months back for an AMX leather jacket, I just saw it on the 'gear store' list. Nice :cool:

Comments

• Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    i wonder what i says on the back :) 195 dollar is a tad too much for me, so if anyone wants to sponsor :P
  • Options
    jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    I'll be buying one for winter - gonna have to save up though.
  • Options
    mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Took me a while to figure out the Grape Jelly Smacker isn't edible. Some of these items could really use a descriptive sentence or two!
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Yes, the $195 US price tag is a little high when you transfer it to Canadian funds, maybe my wife will buy it for me at X-mas or I might be able to sweet talk Jill to buy me 1. ;)
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    it would be nice to include a jacket like this when completing a Programming class ;P
  • Options
    Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    Eeek. They could have at least embroidered the logo with purple thread?!

And what exactly is a "Smacker" anyway?!

- Chip
  • Options
    Chip Moody wrote:
    And what exactly is a "Smacker" anyway?!
    I think it is a type of stress relief device. http://www.a1imaging.com/squeeze_balls/jelly_smackers.html
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Yeah, "stress relief," so-called :). I'm the kind of person that can't sit with my hands idle; if I'm not actively typing I am toying with whatever is at hand, and I'm not particular. I have a pile of mutilated paper clips to prove it :D .

The "smacker" is a gel-filled back you can squeeze or smack (hence the name) against the wall or your desk. I used to prefer them as a desktop distraction, but I have found that over time I eventually wear them out, and that glop they fill them with is kind of nasty when it leaks out. So now I have a collection of hand-exercise eggs that therapists use. They are various consistencies and degree of squishiness, but are solid, so no chance of exploding the suckers from hard use ...
  • Options
    yuri wrote:
    it would be nice to include a jacket like this when completing a Programming class ;P

Why not a jacket for the top 10 posters here at the forum :D
  • Options
    wcravenelwcravenel Posts: 114
    I concur on the top ten posters idea.

Bill
  • Options
    I think that suggestion on top 10 posters was mentioned before in another thread (I think by me, not sure), and as B_Clements pointed out, it's quality not quantity that matters on the forum. Jibber-jabber shouldn't count. I wouldn't object to the idea (since I'm in the top 10) but I think most of the other 1500+ members might.

Also, what are the chances of recieving a $200 jacket for free? If AMX were to give away the jackets, we would need to earn it - like through a Game Module Contest, or something AMX can benefit from as well.

Anyway, I guess I'm just doing my morning rambling here . . . see signature quote. :D
  • Options
    Why not a jacket for the top 10 posters here at the forum :D

:eek: I'm just JOKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    :eek: I'm just JOKING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ooops . . . sorry.
  • Options
    jjames wrote:
    Ooops . . . sorry.

No problem ;)
  • Options
    DHawthorne wrote:
    I have a pile of mutilated paper clips to prove it :D .

Im not allowed to have paperclips anymore!!!!
  • Options
    jjames wrote:
    we would need to earn it - like through a Game Module Contest, [or something AMX can benefit from as well.

You're implying AMX couldn't benefit from a Game Module Contest? Last I checked our selection was limited to playing NIM with lighting zones.
  • Options
    mpullin wrote:
    You're implying AMX couldn't benefit from a Game Module Contest? Last I checked our selection was limited to playing NIM with lighting zones.
    NIM?

A Game Module Contest would be fun (with either original games or remakes of popular games for a G4 TP), original TP design contest (something I would LOVE to see) or something else.
  • Options
    jjames wrote:
    NIM?
    http://home.pacbell.net/fransg/nim.htm
    jjames wrote:
    A Game Module Contest would be fun (with either original games or remakes of popular games for a G4 TP)
    I agree, I would participate in this. 2 player board games (such as Go or checkers) shouldn't be too challenging to code, although something more exciting such as Tetris might be more rewarding.
  • Options
    Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    I remember a request several months back for an AMX leather jacket, I just saw it on the 'gear store' list. Nice :cool:
    Anybody order one of these puppies yet? We had snow for the first time this morning so I?m ready to take the plunge. Winter is around the corner. Yuck.
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Haven't ordered 1 yet but my loving dear wife whom I deeply care for has offered to buy me 1 for x-mas, (guess it was cheaper than the GM solstice ;) )
  • Options
    AMX Black Leather Jacket Review

I received my AMX black leather jacket today that I ordered two weeks ago. The AMX embroidering is a little too subtle in my opinion (although I knew that going in - the picture on the web site does do the jacket justice) Purple thread as Chip suggested earlier would probably be a better choice.

I like the elasticized leather waistband, good for keeping the cold wind out and something my old leather didn?t have. I do hope the zipper holds up, it?s not as heavy duty as my old jacket.

My wife thinks the price is fairly reasonable for a nice leather jacket. She remembers paying somewhere around $150-$175 for my old one.

I?m satisfied with the AMX leather jacket and am glad I invested in one. It would probably look better on me if I lost a few (and a few more) pounds though. :)
  • Options
    Awesome, I'll have to place my order soon. How is the sizing, is it close to what they say or what you'd expect? L=L and not XS or XL ?
  • Options
    How is the sizing, is it close to what they say or what you'd expect? L=L and not XS or XL ?
    I believe sizing is normal. My old jacket is XL and so is the new one and they both seem OK to me.