Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

G4 Web Control heads-up

Hello all,
Perhaps I'm the last to know but...

As of the last Windows XP security upgrade, G4 Web control does not work on IE, Safari and/or FireFox. There is a patch that you'll need to upload (firmware) to your NetLinx masters to fix the problem. I don't know if it's on the AMX website yet.

Just a heads up for y'all.

ejm

Comments

• Options
    JohnMichnrJohnMichnr Posts: 279
    What happens when you try to connect? What screen do you get or not get?
  • Options
    sethollesetholle Posts: 66
    Wheres the patch

I have been looking for this patch. Do you have it. I asked amx last week and they said they didn't have it.
    Post a link if you have it.
    Seth C. Olle
    Programmer
  • Options
    sethollesetholle Posts: 66
    Patch location

If you go to tech note number 804. There is a firmware patch from amx that can be downloaded onto the master which has the g4 panel. This will fix the g4 web control problem.
    I don't know why they have not actually posted this on the website. This makes me nervous that the patch does not work too well.
    Seth C. Olle
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    JohnMichnr wrote:
    What happens when you try to connect? What screen do you get or not get?

Here's what happens in the three cases I've seen it:

You do the normal stuff to open up the TP window. But when you get to the part that the touch panel should appear, you get a repeating message "Hit the space bar to activate Active X controls." this message is coming up so quickly and repeatedly that it appears to be flashing. From there you're stuck. IE crashes. It's bad enough that it takes a long time for Task Manager to clear it out of the process list. I suppose it takes the registry quiet a while to clear out all the errors piling up.

That's where the problem lies. The recent Window security update broke Active X. (or at least how AMX and other vendors stuff works in Active X.) Depends upon your point of view, I suppose.

On the other comment about the reliability of the AMX patch...
    I've installed it at all three locations and it's worked fine. As to whether or not it's a good fix, I can't speak. All I know is that it's working now.

I don't think I can save a .kit file to the board, so I'll put it up on my server for you. I don't know if AMX will consider this kosher. If not, I'll edit the link out.

http://72.148.109.3/~admin/IE_ActiveX_Patch_Duet.kit

http://72.148.109.3/~admin/IE_ActiveX_Patch_Non_Duet.kit

If this doesn't work for you, PM me and I'll email it to you. I got this from AMX tech support. So no promises... (you know, the usual stuff)

Hope that helps.
    ejm