Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

How to connect one MVP8400 to two WAP200G?

I have a MVP8400 and a WAP200G ( SSID is AMX, Channel is 11) installed in a system, now I want to add one more WAP200G( no Ethernet connection) into this system to make the MVP8400 has stronger signal, is anyone can teach me how to set up the second WAP200G?
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    If I understand what you want to do:

1. WP200G currently installed and working fine

2. Add second WAP200G in another part of the building where there is no ethernet connection so you can't add the second WAP200G to the network you are using to connect your master and first WAP200G.

If your WAPs are within range of each other, you can do this by setting your WAPs to repeater mode. When I have done this, I have set all WAPs in the system to repeater mode including the one connected to the master via Ethernet. Then in the setup for each of the WAPs, enter the MAC address of the WAP that you want it to communicate with. In your case, you have just two, so in each WAP you would enter the MAC address of the other WAP. This is done on the "Repeater Configuration Page". Give both of your WAPs the exact same SSID. Somebody on these forums sugested that the WAPs should use different channels--I would try that, it should work.

The WAP200G instruction manual that you can download from the AMX website covers this starting on page 55. The explanation of repeater mode is, in my opinion, a little weak, but it should clarify the concepts.
  • Options
    yanbinyanbin Posts: 86
    Thanks, I will try it on the jobsite today