Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

MVP Wall Docking Station

Haven't had this issue befere, but on my most recent install the MVP would not fit properly with the wand in place. Tech support indicated that the station was somehow in a bind (not aligned in the wall), but I took the unit out of the wall and still had the issue.

Anyone ran into this before?

Thanks....

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    By "wand," I assume you mean stylus? If so, my guess is that someone jammed it in the wrong way and it's sticking out a bit. I have installed many of these in-wall docks, and never had that particular issue. They only fit properly if inserted with the AMX logo facing out. I imagine it could be a malformed stylus, and, if not, the dock has pretty much got to be defective.

I've had a high percentage of customers complain that they want to use the stylus without removing the panel frm the dock, and they wind up using some Velcro to stick it to the frame. It's ugly, but then you can't get the panel stuck :).
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    I have certainly seen people putting in the stylus the wrong way. Just jamming it in, and then placing the panel in the dock... Caused the panel to only go out using a screwdriver :s
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Slighly off topic but to expand on Dave's comment.
    I've had a high percentage of customers complain that they want to use the stylus without removing the panel frm the dock, and they wind up using some Velcro to stick it to the frame. It's ugly, but then you can't get the panel stuck .

I belive all TPs should have a stylus included and they should be accessed from the front (MVP docked) by a push release type of mechanism. The stylus should mount so that just the head is slightly crowned or protruding from the face of the panel you would then push it and it would pop out 1/2 - 1" just enough to grab and remove. You then reinsert and push it back to its almost flush postion where it latches in place. A cool blue led to make the stylus light up would be nice as well.

The MVP design would require two stylus one where it presently resides and another for use as Dave mentioned "while docked".

Sometimes its the small details that make a customer happy while the lack of those details can really tick people off, especially when they realize how much they spent!
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    well, its not hard then is it. they just need to make space for a stylus *inside* the docking station :)
  • Options
    JoeJoe Posts: 99
    I also believe having the stylus available or another one as part of the docking station would be a great benefit. In a few of the installs I've done, the customer is using security passwords to remove the panel from the dock, and the onscreen keyboard buttons are small enough that anyone with large fingers could mistype the password.