Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware MAX by AMX
Options

Network Upload?

Anyone heard if they are working on a better network upload? For example, Request and Escient where you have a network "upload" folder. Drop your albums in and the rest is taken care of.

I am not looking forward to re-ripping several hundred CDs that are already wave files on an AudioRequest...

Also, network for DVDs would be totally amazing. I prefer to use PC software so I can strip off the language files I don't need, the menus, and the FBI crud. Lets me store a ton more on the drive and more user friendly to boot!

Curt
Trikin

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Sometimes (but don't bank on it), you can talk to one of the MAX people at AMX and get some unofficial word on things that are coming, but I haven't heard of anything like this coming. They have the 200 disc ripper, but the one time I bought one, it was seriously wonky, and I would not recommend using it as anything but an installer tool - it's definitely not ready for consumer use. It ain't cheap either, but easily justified if you plan on doing more than one of these jobs.

All that said, it doesn't seem to me that it should be that difficult to implement something like the Escient upload folder. Winmax will accept computer sourced CD's, it's not so different queuing up multiple multimedia files.