Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

AXB-TC with LCD displays

I was just thinking, will the AXB-TC with the little sync sensor module work on an LCD display?

If not, would a current sensor work better? In this case the LCD display has an external power supply.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    veraview wrote:
    I was just thinking, will the AXB-TC with the little sync sensor module work on an LCD display?

If not, would a current sensor work better? In this case the LCD display has an external power supply.
    I doubt it. It's looking for the sync signal on a video feed - you could detect that your input was providing video, but unless your LCD has a video out that follows the input, it won't show the state of the LCD itself.

Unfortunately, you may not have any better luck with a current sensor. Many devices don't show enough of a current draw difference between on and standby to trigger the things. They are fine for high-load devices, like a CRT monitor, or motor, but I've had all manner of trouble trying to use them with even such things as a plasmas monitor ... just too smalll of a trigger range.