Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Axcent 3 Internal Trouble

Greetings,

I have an Axcent 3 that does not seem to boot properly.

After applying power, you do not get the normal flash of all front panel LEDs. Instead, after a minute or so serial 1,4 and 2,3 TX flash back and forth.

I tried removing the batteries, but it did not help.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    You could try reloading the firmware, grasping at some straws while you do it.
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    When the symptom I desribed is occuring, there seems to be no communication with the Axcent 3. I tried through Studio as well as terminal.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    i think its toast... i've seen netlinx masters not boot up correctly. When you reformat the internal memory card, all is well. Since an Axcent 3 doenst have a removable memory card, i think your scr*wed...
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    It seems that removing the internal batteries can cause the trouble I've described.

I have stumbled across Axcent 3s occasionally that have trouble loading IR files. Removing the batteries to clear the memory solves the problem. However, recently I have killed two Axcent 3s this way.

Any comment from AMX? Please!

Thank you!
  • Options
    Greetings,

I have an Axcent 3 that does not seem to boot properly.

After applying power, you do not get the normal flash of all front panel LEDs. Instead, after a minute or so serial 1,4 and 2,3 TX flash back and forth.

I tried removing the batteries, but it did not help.

Any ideas?

Thank you.
    This indicates that the firmware is somehow broken. If a reload of the firmware doesn't work (we had luck one or 2 times where we got it back to life), repair is required.