Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Intercom?

Ok, doing a search it seems the fabled intercom comes up every year or so, it seemed we are due :)

So is the intercom 100% analog? Basically it comes through on the breakout box and that is the extent of it? The MVP series have speakers and a microphone but they don't actually "go" anywhere?

I am curious if there is a future where the intercom could be more a VOIP approach (like Netstreams DigiLinX) ~ this would solve the wireless and MVP series being able to play with the others, but if internally it is 100% analog it won't really help!

Just curious if anyone actually uses this or not. Looking at a residential application as opposed to using telephones for basic intercom...

Curt
Trikin

Comments

• Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    isnt it completl integrated in the MVP? otherwise it would be rather useless, and we would be better of using PLK-DMS panels :p
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I may be wrong, but I always thought you needed to run the mic and speaker connections through some manner of audio matrix to use the panels as an intercom. Since we also sell Panasonic telephone systems, and use those for all our intercom needs, I've never looked further.
  • Options
    Interkom is implemented in MVPs, CV7 and CV10. With some lines of code they can interact directly. If you want to do Interkom between or with the other panel types, external routing is required. One special case is the MVP, because at the moment there is no direct way to send and receive audio streams from/to the MVP with AMX "tools".

AFAIK at Cedia there would come some news about that.
  • Options
    informelinformel Posts: 66
    Intercom and MVP

Is there a solution for the MVP ?
    the unit has mic and speaker, but can we use for intercom?
  • Options
    jneffjneff Posts: 25
    Interkom?

We have 70 CV7s and it would be nice if user could intercom us via audio stream at a centeral location. Are there any examples out there? All CV7 are on a secured network. I have seen no information out there at all about the Intercom. Have any sites, examples, references at all?

Interkom is implemented in MVPs, CV7 and CV10. With some lines of code they can interact directly. If you want to do Interkom between or with the other panel types, external routing is required. One special case is the MVP, because at the moment there is no direct way to send and receive audio streams from/to the MVP with AMX "tools".

AFAIK at Cedia there would come some news about that.
  • Options
    Dear jneff!

Unfortunately, there's no way intercom could be streamed from the panel. CV-7 and other Modero panels have only analogue intercom. Signal from panel's internal mic could be routed back to equipment rack and connected to any audio switcher (balanced or unbalanced) if you use NXA-AVB/Ethernet. As for MVP-8400 - it's seems intercom would not be available for this panel due to some design limitations.