Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

New Mio DMS

I just got my first Mio DMS and I am finding out that it may take much more time to program the new Mio DMS than the older ones. I wonder how we can display the common stuff: Time and date easily. Any ideas? Here is my wish list:

1) KeypadBuilder needs to be improved to have a keypad navigation preview like the old KPDesign and TP4 or a new software application should be directed to the Mio DMS . The new Mio DMS has lots of memory, dynamic list, but there is no way to preview your navigation screens without having to download the whole program to the keypad itself, which needs to go to a whole reboot sequence.

2) The new Mio DMS has internal variables that holds date and time, but the documentation doesn't show how to display them on the keypad. We need a firmware/KeypadBuilder update that allows us to access these variables without hard coding.

3) AMX needs to released code examples for this product as soon as possible, so we dealers/programmers have something to start, including:
- How to display Time/date
- Bargraph examples for volume ramping

I have said that in another posts. Since the phasing out of the AS16, there is a void in the market for the ideal Audio Switcher to work with AMX Mio keypads and new Mio DMS. I've been reading all Forum posts and have noticed a trend towards, Vaux, Knox and Autopatch. I love Autopatch products, they have worked for years in a lot of our installs. I wish AMX and Autopatch (Partners) would team up and write a nice module for the Autopatch Precis LT. Anyways, there is a big need for code samples for the new DMS.

Ricardo
San Diego, Ca.