Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware MAX by AMX
Options

Multi-disc CDs?

Does max not support ripping multi-disc CDs or do I have bad luck? Only had one handy (Neil Diamond essentials) and both discs came up with the same track listing (listing of the 1st disc). Tried doing a title search and by UPC with no luck.

Anyone having better luck?

Curt

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It's spotty. It's not really a MAX problem, per se, but the database the information comes from. Many multi-disc sets only have one entry for the whole set, so every disc in the set gets identified with the same entry. Some, however, seem to be fine.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Yup,

I had a customer with a whole slew of multi-disc sets. A tech spent hours getting it setup.

Incidentally, we just had a Kaliedascape demo and they are doing their database themselves. They had several mulit-disc sets on the server and they had addressed the issue quite well.

We weren't too impressed by their first demo some time ago. However, this one looked great. They already have an AMX module and TP template that is pretty cool.
  • Options
    TrikinCurtTrikinCurt Posts: 158
    We had the demo from K** as well, I like there system a lot for around the same price. We went with Max mainly because we were already an AMX dealer and I am a sucker for the underdog.

Their AMX panels mostly rely on video for the interface though which is bad for the 8400. That and there is a fan in their players which drives me nuts (and the glowing blue isn't all that cool in your living room).

All that it takes is AMX working on the interface more, the new hardware is pretty good.

Curt
    Trikin
  • Options
    I've been talking to Wiley a bit over at AMX, and have a new version of WinMax that I will be using to go over my clients collection. He also updated the internal database, which I presume indexes some of the online data. I'll post my results if any of these discs come up with better information.

But even more interesting, when I asked about upgrades to the Bulkripper softer, Wiley had me pack up the Powerfile and the laptop and send them back to AMX. It seems, unknown to them sooner, the Powerfile just won't work properly with laptops and they are going to send a new rig with a low-profile desktop machine.

Between these two new substantial upgrades, I really hope the identification goes a lot better.
  • Options
    TrikinCurtTrikinCurt Posts: 158
    Definately keep us posted... Any chance you can share Wiley's email address? I actually have a MAX in my house so I am a good person to test on... My wife loves it...

Curt
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Yeah,
    We just packed up our Bulk Loader and laptop too. Although, I don't know if we plan on getting a new one any time soon. Our hands are still scalded from our experience with the first one.
  • Options
    ericmedley wrote:
    Yeah,
    We just packed up our Bulk Loader and laptop too. Although, I don't know if we plan on getting a new one any time soon. Our hands are still scalded from our experience with the first one.
    I'm shipping mine back for replacement today. Apparently, the Powerfile DVD doesn't support laptops, and AMX is replacing the whole shabang with a dedicated desktop system and upgraded Powerfile. It explains much of the difficulty; the Powerfile had trouble talking to the firewire port on the laptops.