Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Optoma HD72

Hey has any body out there mode this projector work over 232. I hook it up to a NI3000 and no matter what command I send it, I get back a *001 which is the INVALID COMMAND indication from the projector. Optoma tech support, after a 2 day wait for a call back, was unable to help me. I'm talking to the pig, or I wouldn't be getting back the invalid command responce. I just can't make it work. Of course teh system had to be done on Monday so I went with IR, but no discrete power...

ANybody got any ideas?

Comments

• Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Can you post the protocol and the exact strings you are sending?
  • JohnMichnrJohnMichnr Posts: 279
    yeah - the standard string is:
    * 0 IR 002 that is power off string. Tech support suggested that I try an underscore inplace of the space, *_0_IR_002 and try an O (oh) in place of the 0 (zero). Neither of which worked, nor gives me a warm fuzzy on tech support - I mean there is a big difference between a space and an underscore. Which is it?

Anyways - I've attached the protocol.
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Have you tried no spaces? How about:

SEND_STRING dvPig, '*0IR002' //zeros not ooohs
  • JohnMichnrJohnMichnr Posts: 279
    Yes I tried no spaces, also tried the entire string with and without spaces, underscores etc with a $0D termination.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    This is something of a long shot. Marantz devices have two protocol docuemtns for their devices. One lists all the commands and responses pertinent to the device, and the other is sort of the wrapper proocol, specifying start and end characters, etc. If you had just the one, you couldn't talk to the device (and, as you are reporting, you would get an error response). Could this unit be similar, and tech support is assuming you are using the correct "wrapper," when in fact, it's unknown to you at all? Get someone over there to provide you will the full and complete command string, and take it apart.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    A couple of things to try:

"'*0IR002',10,13"

"'*',0,'IR',0,0,2"

"'*',0,'IR',0,0,2,10,13"

I am wondering if by FIXED number, they might mean integer values instead of ascii values.

Jeff
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    These work!

SEND_STRING dvPROJ, "'OKOKOKOKOK', $0D"; //power on
    SEND_STRING dvPROJ, "'* 0 IR 002', $0D"; //power off

Spaces are the key in the string