Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions VisualArchitect
Options

VA as an Upgrade path

We are currently working on upgrading a Landmark system to Netlinx. As I was using VA for some initial connection layouts, it occurred to me that this type of upgrade could be a good job for VA with a few additions. Obviously there will have to be limitations on what is supported, but ideally support for AS8/16 units and old DMS keypads.

Support is already there for the IR devices and most of the devices controlled with ZOOM modules have matching Netlinx modules. It would be great to offer a quick upgrade to existing systems and at the same time be able to offer new Modero touchpanels to replace viewpoints.

Just a thought,
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    glr-ftiglr-fti Posts: 286
    I agree.

Jeff, I am in the final stages of a Landmark conversion if there is anything I can help you with. It has one AS16, 2 Landmark VPTs (I also have code for a MVP 8400 - I comment out one of the VPTs while testing), 7 DMS KPs, 2 Theater zones, Homeworks, Radio Ra, HAI Omni Pro II, among many other devices. The channel codes follow the old Landmark template, kind of. There is limited feedback parsing from the RS232 devices, because I did not need it for this project. RS232 devices include Kenwood Sovereign VR5700, Polk XM Tuner, HAI, Lutron HWI, Ra, Sim2 HT300 Plus. Working on modifying the present code for a second AS16, as I have many clients with at least 2.