Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Pioneer RS-232

Has anyone connected to and controlled an Elite PRO-940HD plasma? Pinouts, plasma setup, protocol, etc would all be greatly appreciated. I've never worked with Pioneer before, but looking at the documentation for older displays makes me think that this one's different (getting into the RS-232 setup refers to buttons not on the 940, and they call for a staight-through cable, but the 940 has a male connector on it, etc).

Help!

Jeff Lockyear
Synergy Home Systems, Toronto

Comments

• All sorted

No worries, figured out everything I needed (not much thanks to Pioneer). SO if anyone needs any onfo about the PRO 940HD....

Jeff
  • Pioneer Elite control

I know this thread is super old, but if the offer of information is still on the table, it would be much appreciated.

Alternatively, if someone can verify that control of the Elite series of Pioneers works the same way as control for a PDP-427CMX (which I have successfully controlled in the past), that would be great. I have an Elite that's giving me trouble, and I'm not sure if it's a setup thing in the television yet or some problem with the commands I'm attempting to send.

Thanks in advance.