Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Two TP's one Master

What's the best way to manage two conf rooms that can combine as one.

Both Modero TP's have the same functions. I don't want room 2 to activate rooms combine if room 1 already has them combined, and the same for room 1 if room 2 has the rooms combined.

Can you force a inhibit message ot the TP to say something like this button is dissable by the other touch panel?

Thanks

brian

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    This is a situation that device combines was made for. Control your rooms with virtual panels, and dynamically combine and uncombine your physical panels to the virtuals as needed. You code can either block the second panel from control if the other already has it, or you can have both panels act as one. The way I usually do this is to set aside a port on the panel for combined control, and then use a different port for the buttons that can trigger the combine or release it.
  • Options
    combining systems

I think this is a related situation - I have to add a wireless modero panel to control either of two systems. They are both similar but not identical, each has a 7" wired panel and NI300.

I'm sure there are several way to approach this - simple ones will be most welcome.

Ian Lewis