Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

About MVP-7500

The TP has a very sensitive view angle .The old ViewPoint has a better view angle.
We are in 2004 and current competition time is very tight. We got to deliver the best we can.

Please let us know watt is your impression about MVP-7500

Comments

• Options
    Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    I agree. I don't like the display on the 7500. If you do anything with custom graphics it seems to have odd problems like the buttons ghosting or something (hard to explain without the panel in front of me). I do think that they need a lower priced wireless touch panel and if that is the best they can get the display I suppose I have to live with it. Until it is fixed, I have taken to almost stipulating that the 7500 is only available with very basic graphics (maybe a custom background and solid buttons). Often times the old addage of you get what you pay for applies. I agree that they should be able to do better with the 7500, but I find myself having to realize that is it not an 8400 only smaller.

hope this doesn't confuse you as much as it is confusing me at the moment ;)

Jeff
  • Options
    I am on the same track with you Jeff.
    I think it is the display part (LCD) .I don?t mind the 640x480 with 12-bit color depth but all the buttons ghosting and view angle are terrible.

But hey today you can buy for little over 1000$ a notebook with all soft and hardware.
    I do understand is a total different story (custom made, research.) but still.

I think everybody will make more clients happy and way not more $$ if products are catching your eye.

I do love the Netlinx (rock solid) platform but for a client the interface meter allot.

As a simple example if you have a rock solid sys with an bed interface and a worst system with a nice interface both at the same price probably you will sale more of the worth sys with nice interface (up to some point but today?s every step counts).
  • Options
    I have a customer with a 12" and a MVP-7500 touch panel.

The customer liked the Blue Steel graphics (found on AMX's web site) so I modified them to suit the customer's equipment. And it looked great on the 12" panel.

Later on when we added the MVP-7500, there was the issue of disappointment. I did make it known that this wasn't the same graphics as in the more expensive panels. And I was expecting less color depth and decreased viewing angles. It was the VERY noticeable shadowing that occured that was the issue.

I've heard that this might have been a problem with the old viewpoint (i.e. VPT series panels). I don't remember to be honest... but I will be extremely careful in the future to spec in the MVP-8400 instead of the MVP-7500 whenever I can.
  • Options
    Yes Ghrae this is the stuff I a trying to talk about.

Thanks for your participation.
    Feel free to post your little time here.
  • Options
    I'm just going to wildly speculate about the old viewpoint panels not exhibiting the same problems. I am thinking that the more basic graphics G3 provided were less susceptible to the limitations of the display engine and screen. Just a thought.

Jeff
  • Options
    Well, again, I don't remember the issues with the G3 VPT Series "old" viewpoints...

But could it have been because of the graphics we were using? I mean, I don't remember ever using anything like "Blue Steel" on the G3 Series panels (viewpoint or otherwise).

The only complaint that I had with the viewpoint was how "soft" everything looked and that was to be expected because of the passive display.

However, I don't ever recall buttons shadowing. And in my opinion, that is unacceptable.
  • Options
    Now should be a different story, because the technology is more advance then back times.

As we can see some dealers may decide not to sell them any more because of this issues.
    I completely understand, it is a chipper version but let be honest, should be space for improvement in year 2004 were digital world is everywhere.

Way not sell more if is affordable end every body will be happy. In order to succeed we have to do it right.
  • Options
    I agree... if they are going to offer a cheaper panel, then it should hold up to the same standards as their regular panels.

Lower color resolution? Ok...
    Lower pixel resolution? Ok...
    Buttons shadowing? Unacceptable

If AMX wants to re-engineer the MVP-7500, then I'll give it a second look. Until then, the MVP-8400 or AXD/T-CV7 are the cheapest panels that I'll acknowledge.
  • Options
    I hope there is somebody watching this in Technical department and management. This is not a joke.

I don?t like to be a bed guy but when you will fell that the other guys are taking the job and you are on the side the result it is no good for anybody.

Thanks for your participation.
    Feel free to post your little time here

Also refer to my other threat. About TABLE TOP DOCKING STATION (MVP-TDS)

I am looking forward to some response from technical department. (Give us the prod to be AMX)

Thanks all and welcome for more.
  • Options
    I've seen your post about the docking station. Don't have much comment about it as I haven't played with it yet. The customer has been hanging on to change orders so long, they just got around to purchasing it.

Concerning the MVP-7500: I've talked with my local AMX rep and with technical support (when I thought it might be a bad panel) and they are aware of the problem. I guess it comes down to a "you get what you pay for." I just wish I had been better informed about how serious that problem was.
  • Options
    HELLLLOOOO FORUM FOLKS!
    Moderator here.
    Yes, we are watching these forums. And as I have said before, when we see issues which warrant AMX's attention, we are forwarding them to the respective departments for review where the issues may be addressed. Thank you for your posts. cb
  • Options
    Originally posted by Ghrae
    I've seen your post about the docking station. Don't have much comment about it as I haven't played with it yet. The customer has been hanging on to change orders so long, they just got around to purchasing it.

Concerning the MVP-7500: I've talked with my local AMX rep and with technical support (when I thought it might be a bad panel) and they are aware of the problem. I guess it comes down to a "you get what you pay for." I just wish I had been better informed about how serious that problem was.
    The 'you get what you pay for' response is to be expected. however i think the tft quality of the 7500 is too low for the price the customer is expected to pay for the product. Button shadowing is a real issue.

I have experimented with different colored backgrounds and there are some that mask the problem better than others but it's still an issue for AMX to look into. Also i agree on the 'cheap' looking plastic covers. At least the old viewpoints looked solid (even if they looked outdated). The new viewpoints look and feel a lot more fragile. And you have to be really carefull in opening the battery cover, cause it breaks in a second.

But the issue which really needs to be resolved fast is the absolutely absurd price of the docking station. This is way too expensive... Even with the extra feature of 2 USB ports...
    [edit] btw, getting the panel to lock onto the docking station is a real challenge too sometimes, i have experienced having to cut the power from the docking station because it would not lock anymore...

Just my thoughts...
  • Options
    Ms. Browning,

Always a pleasure to hear from you. I for one appreciate the effort being put forth by AMX in dealing with the issues that arrise here in the forums and also in the field. I am confident that AMX will continue to strive towards greatness in all areas they are in involved in. Ok, my lips are going numb so I will end this message with a simple:

Thank you very much for your continued support.

Jeff
  • Options
    I almost forgot about the battery cover.... I hate that thing and worry that I am going to loose a few months pay to a broken touch panel every time I have to access the batteries!

Jeff
  • Options
    The battery cover stuff ?I hate that thing and worry that I am going to loose a few months pay to a broken touch panel every time I have to access the batteries!?

My question is way we have the option to charge our batteries in DOCKING STATION if it is hard to get access to batteries.
    Imagine a client to do this.
  • Options
    Hey Kids, I spoke with Jodi in the RMA Team and she said there are some plastic case kits available for the MVP-7500 and the MVP-8400. Please contact the RMA department at 1-800-222-0193, choose option 5, they will hook you up. Once we realized the issue we halted shipments and addressed the issue. Yes, it includes the battery cover, front and back covers, and some other miscellaneous things you will need.

Jeff, keep up the kis..uh... I mean...posting and I enjoy supporting all of you. :-) cb
  • Options
    Wow... although the battery cover issue should be in the other post... since the two sort-of joined into this one post, I guess it makes sense.

And it's nice to see timely response from AMX on this issue.

Seeing as how fast it was, perhaps it's time for another programming issue: the chair I have at work is just not comfortable enough for effective programming and (somehow) it's all AMX's fault... can I have a replacement?
  • Options
    HaHaHa! Oh Ghare, you made me giggle! Actually, it was more of a belly laugh.

Sorry, no chairs today but you can check out the website where I got the Dura ball I sit on.

http://www.fitter1.com/ball_chair.html

It is fun to sit on and it has made all the difference in how I feel after work. :-) cb
  • Options
    Since we are heading off topic slightly, might I recommend the Herman Miller Aeron chair (http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/Product/0,1592,a10-c440-p8,00.html).... I've been trying to find it in the AMX catalog for the last few months, but no matter how many pennies I through into the wishing fountain, it never appears in the catalog. Hmm, maybe I'll just have to write a function for our netlinx processor that uses i!-Email Plus to send out a letter to Santa every hour requesting an Aeron Chair.

Jeff
  • Options
    Hey guys I don?t want to look like a bed guy with this.

I do love working with AMX and their products. To be onset out there are a lot of good stuff (amx products), but I am trying to point a little to client satisfaction for safety (and this includes all of us)

Thanks all again and with the hope that nobody will be mad on me, I wish a quiet night.

Feel free to post your little time with this forum.

Bogdan
  • Options
    I mean bad not bed.
    Sorry.
  • Options
    Off topic

#1 Scott, I am sorry I misspelled Ghrae.

#2 Yeesh! That chair reminds me of a Dentist chair. And I bet it cost an arm and a leg since there is no price on that website.

Hee hee cb:-)
  • Options
    The chair may look like a dentists chair, but it feels like you're floating on a cloud. As for expensive, that's a relative term.... When dealing with my boss it is generally relative to who is spending the money. If our clients are spending the cash, then the roughly $800-$1000 price tag is WAY too cheap! If it is the boss that has to spend the cash, then currently the $800-$1000 price tag is WAY too much! ;)

Jeff
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've done exactly one system with an MVP-7500, and I have told Sales to stay far, far away from it whenever they can. The shadowing is unacceptable, and even exists on the simplest panels that you could load on a G3 device.

The battery door (these problems being shared by the MVP-8400) is horrible; it comes off with too much difficulty, and it's hard not to mar the plastic if you use an implement. The kickstand costs way too much (I don't even list this to customers as a seperate piece, I cost it as a package) for what it is; I can't imagine not having one if you don't use the charging base, and a customer would choke on $600+ for a hinged leg. The charging base gets a little too hot around the electromagnet, and it is hard to seat the panel quickly and casually; it tries to do too much - there should be a version without the input ports and acts simply as a charger and resting place for the panel.
  • Options
    sonnysonny Posts: 208
    the big hole right now is the lack of a portable "super remote" (for lack of a better term) a la the VPN/VPT-CP. This device is easily carried around and something you don't mind the grandkids handling. MVP is way too fragile, plus the fact that the mounting base and kick stand are mutually exclusive (I think), is a big problem. Why not a Viewpoint style model with updated graphics and 802.11b/g communications. A small, fairly rugged portable like this is mandatory, in my opinion.
  • Options
    MVP-7500 substitute

Hi all,
    I don't have nothing new to add but only I underline how the MVP-7500 quality/price ratio is poor !
    The buttons shadowing problem is really UNACCEPTABLE !
    What should I say to the customer to explain why this happens ?
    Is the MVP-8400 really better ? Because I think that our client will claim for an immediate replacement !!
  • Options
    About MVP-7500

Yes, the MVP-8400 is significantly better than the 7500 model in many ways. We did a hotel project that called for 40-50 wireless touchpanels and we put the two panels side by side for the hotel management to decide. They of course picked the 8400 hands down - no contest really. However, they did not want to pay the cost difference in the panels (multiplied by the number of panels) and they went with the 7500 instead. They do have some CV7 panels installed in fixed locations which is almost identical to the 8400 in many ways and they can really tell the difference in the interface between the CV7 and the 7500.

I really don't give me customers a choice any longer - I think they will be considerably happier with the 8400 so that's what we sell them.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Cathy Browning
    Hey Kids, I spoke with Jodi in the RMA Team and she said there are some plastic case kits available for the MVP-7500 and the MVP-8400. Please contact the RMA department at 1-800-222-0193, choose option 5, they will hook you up. Once we realized the issue we halted shipments and addressed the issue. Yes, it includes the battery cover, front and back covers, and some other miscellaneous things you will need.

Does this kit have redesigned covers or just replacement pieces for when we break that darn battery cover out of fustration?