Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware MAX by AMX
Options

MAX 200 doesn't boot completely.

Hi, guys.

I'm Paul and I'm with Dysistems. Our company is a registered AMX dealer. We've encountered problems dealing with our MAX 200.

A failure of one of it's hard drives led to logical corruption of the RAID. We replaced the faulty hard drive and launched 'rebulding' application. It resulted in RAID logical structure recovery. Unfortunately MAX 200 still doesn't completely boot. Loading of an operating system halts abruptly with the following messages:
"Mounted VFS read only mode"
"Freeing unused kernel memory"

Then MAX waits for a while and outputs:
"224K freed"

After that MAX doesn't respond at all.

Here are the questions.
1. What shoud we do with MAX 200 to recover it?
2. It is possible to send us an operating system image for MAX 200? We can load it into MAX and so MAX can boot successfully.

Paul Checherin,
Senior programmer,
Disystems,
Ekaterinburg,
Russia.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    This is a user forum; I think you may need to contact tech support directly. They watch these forums, but you can get instant aid if you call in directly.

It sounds like the drive corruption trashed the boot files or part of the OS. Something like this happened on one of my installations, and they actually flew someone out to repair it. That was a dual-MMS900 system though, so there was considerably more at stake $ wise. Im guess is that you will have to send them the server.