Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Calling a webservice???

I need to call a web service from a Sonic Foundry webserver and I need to know if this is possible from opening and IP connection to the server. I have attached the technical doc.

Comments

• Options
    joelwjoelw Posts: 175
    samos wrote:
    I need to call a web service from a Sonic Foundry webserver and I need to know if this is possible from opening and IP connection to the server.

Hi Steve,

Yes it's possible.
  • Options
    dthorsondthorson Posts: 103
    So did you do it?

And how was this possible? I'm attempting to do something similar with VBrick Portal Server.
  • Options
    jweatherjweather Posts: 320
    You will need to construct an appropriate web request and interpret the response. The easiest way to learn the format for the request is to monitor an existing program that uses the webservice. If the API comes with a sample program to use the webservice, just run it and use Wireshark to monitor the requests and responses. If not, you may need to create a test program in C# or VB.NET to drive the webservice first.

If you do not have a sample application available and are not familiar with programming in a .NET language, you may be looking up a very steep learning curve.
  • Options
    dthorsondthorson Posts: 103
    Thanks for the reply.

The SDK has some sample .NET apps. I have few yrs in programming .NET so I'll get the APP up and monitor as you suggest.