Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Newb Error with Slaved Axcent3

OK, I've already leeched one newbie question off this board and I'd hoped to avoid doing it a second time, but it seems I will have to.

I've used Axcess stuff before, done updates and changes to code, and never had a problem, but I'm trying to teach myself on the fly how to do some minor NetLinx stuff as well. I'm not doing anything but basic button presses to simulate remote controls, so I shouldn't have too many difficulties, I wouldn't think. I've already got my NI-700 controllable through the web sending IR commands through the IR port to my devices and working perfectly.

However, I'd hoped to slave an AXcent3 to my NI700, and I have a few more NI700s that I'm hoping to hook up to slaved AXcess card cages in the future. I used the Terminal to set the base device number on my Axcent3 to 101, and it shows up in the Online Tree correctly, showing that the IR port is port 108. However, I can't get the button press to work. The NI700 Output light lights up correctly, but the IR output light on the Axcent3 does nothing.

This is basically what I'm looking at, if you can tell me what I'm missing I would appreciate it greatly.

DEFINE_DEVICE

TP = 10128:1:0
VCR = 108:1:0

DEFINE_EVENT

Button_event[TP,1]
{
push:
{
to[VCR,1]
}
}

Comments

• Options
    The code is correct so the next thing to look at is did you load an IR file to port 108 ?
  • Options
    JeffJeff Posts: 374
    I did. Its mapped to 108:1:0

I remapped it back to 5001:3:0, and everything worked perfectly. Mapped to 108:1:0, it does nothing.

Jeff
  • Options
    DOH!

Figured it out. I'd downloaded the IR file to the NI700 when it was mapped to 5001, and I'd never redownloaded the IR file after I mapped it to 108, so the Axcent3 didn't have the file.

Funny how that works. Its always something stupid.

Thanks for the help anyway. You sent me looking in the right direction.

Jeff
  • Options
    Well that is exactly what i meant. Im glad you figured it out.
  • Options
    Heh. Well then I appreciate it. Upon re-reading your initial question, I now see what you meant.

Teaches me not to skim over an answer when I ask a question . . :)