Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Mio-DMS Keypads

Has anybody used these?

Must say I am very disappointed with the qualty of the display. Quoting the AMX product website 'Brilliant white backlight' I have two installed now and both are anything but brilliant white (pale blue in my opinion) and the text is only readable if you are almost face on to the panel itself.

I am powering using PoE, would I get better results with a separate power supply?

tia, phil

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have a job with them spec'd, but it was back-burnered while they weren't available, and hasn't been bumped back yet because the client is out of the country for a time. I would have thought them to be like the old DMS keypads ... which wern't fantastic, mind you, but I never thought htme quite as bad as what you are describing.

I have never been much of a DMS fan. I would rather have all my buttons on a top level; drilling down into a menu tree can be real annoying on a daily basis. My feeling has always been if they would just upgrade the MSP series to ethernet and add an LCD display, they would have a big winner. The MIO series is ill-conceived, IMO; the buttons are way too big and the action is clunky. They should have stuck with the old MSP paradigm. It needed some improvements, but what it did right sholuldn't have been scrapped.
  • Options
    I installed 1 and well I must say I really was not impressed with the text/lighting quality.
  • Options
    I used two. Also unimpressed with the LCD contrast. Mounting them at eye height may help as view from a down-angle reduces LCD contrast.

Maybe they will improve the LCD in the future.

I make it a point to buy nothing at version 1.00, see what happens when I go against my better judgement!
  • Options
    Bought one, it only made it as far as the shelf... Would use a 5" Modero before specing again.

Curt
    Trikin
  • Options
    Somewhat unrelated but are they ever going to come out with a 5inch tabletop version??
  • Options
    In all the years of using the AXD-MSP series panels, I never thought I
    would miss a product so much.

In my opinion, those were the perfect type of panels that were inexpensive, dependable,
    and versatile.

I have not yet had a commercial project where a MIO panel would fit the requirements.

Maybe AMX will eventually develop another panel that is similar.