Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Anyone know of a serial controlled DVD recorder

Can anyone recommend or does anyone know of a serial-controlled DVD recorder? I have a client who needs a few dozen.

Comments

• Only come across the Pioneer DVD V8000 industrial flavour which is an excellent serial controlled machine.

Not cheap though....

:-)
  • We've used a JVC SR-DVM700E:

250 GB HDD storage for extended recording time (up to 473 hours in FR480 mode) and high speed DVD duplication (up to 8X)

RS-232C interface for custom installations
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    Pioneer V8000 is an excellent machine, except it might be a little it overkill (support frame searching and that sort of stuff )
  • Thanks guys.

The V8000 appears to be a DVD player, not a recorder - ?
  • Correct V8000 is a player. Sorry.

I've investigated the Pioneer PRV LX1 recorder.

Nice box. IP and 422. Haven't investigated the IP ctl side though, just 422.

Also a bit pricey!

Hope it helps
  • I just used the JVC SR-MV50US DVD-R / VCR combo. RS232 interface. No HDD. It worked out fine.
  • As long as you don't need things like cursor keys over the RS232 connection, right?

- Chip

I just used the JVC SR-MV50US DVD-R / VCR combo. RS232 interface. No HDD. It worked out fine.
  • All,

I am reviewing the protocol for the DVD-V5000 from Pioneer, and there do not appear to be ANY cursor control commands within the protocol. Has anyone ever successfully integrated one of these?

I am looking for the basic 14 transport controls:
    play, stop, pause, fast forward, rewind, next chapter, previous chapter,
    cursor up, cursor down, cursor left, cursor right, enter, title, menu

The job is due on Friday March 30 (2 days from now), so any help would be appreciated.

Anyone?
  • JustinCJustinC Posts: 74
    Here is a module I wrote for controlling this player. It was one of my first ones so it is probably not as clean as it should be.
  • sethollesetholle Posts: 66
    Pioneer V5000

I have used a lot of these. They are very reliable and the control code is extremely easy.
    Just send the serial commands for all the above commands.
    It works quite well.
    Seth
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Appologies for reviving an old thread but any recommendations for other devices that have entered the market in the past couple of years?
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I didn't see the Denon DVD & CD players listed and then there's McIntosh, Marantz (Denon in sheeps clothing). The McIntosh is supposedly modified with better audio DACs at a much higher price.

Denon has a few non blu-ray models and I think 3-4 blu-rays models w/ RS-232 & a $300-$400 CD player w/ RS-232. They also now have a new FM/AM tuner w/ modular design which can handle XM or Sirius which I've never used.