Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Vpt-cp

Hello all
Has anyone encounter a old VPT-CP panel with an Axcent III that would loose communication and a reboot would fix it right up? The device doesn't appear to be going offline but the RF rec indicator won't light up. After I reboot the RF rec LED lights up and the unit works for days, weeks, months. I repositioned the RF receiver box away from a network switch and closer to the panel.

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Yes. In my case, it was a WAVE pack, and it was getting stepped on by the customer's wireless network. Once it connects, it's fine, and will stay fine unless the receiver gets powered off. Then, the only way to get it connected again is to power down the WAP first, reset the panel, and after it connects, turn the WAP back on.

In another instance I had a standard one-way, like you have, that was getting stepped on by the wireless modules in his Ademco alarm system. I had to change it to another frequency.

See if the panel and receiver work in another location. If so, you probably have interference. Other than that, I would suspect either the panel or the receiver have a frequency drift. You won't ever get an offline, because that is tracking the Axlink connection, not the wireless portion. The receiver can stay connected to the Axcent and still not be picking up RF.
  • Options
    I have also seen this and although I dont know what the real problem was, I sent both the RF receiver and TP out for repair. When they came back they worked great.