Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

G4CC using an RGB interface

I'm hoping someone has the answer to this pretty quickly. I've been working on a project that was originally a cv-15 TP using g4cc to control a pc in the same room. the client wasnt happy with the lag, so the cv-15 was replaced with a 1500vg with RGB input so that they could have instantanious feedback on the touchpanel. the problem is that I cant seem to figure out how to make a button that can do G4CC, and have it transparent or something so that the RGB is visible, instead of the vnc view of the PC. I hope this makes sense, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    So what you are looking to do is make a fullscreen video window for the computer output, then overlay it with a transparent button that allows all the computer control? I don't know how that can be done. I think you may have to put a transparent joystick button over your video instead, and send the XY coords to the computer, and then you would need somthing running on the PC to convert that to mouse clicks. This kind of operation is better suited to a TPI with a regular touch monitor that can control the computer directly.

Hopefully others here will have some better ideas ...
  • Options
    What if you created one button, made that display the RGB video. Then create a computer control button on top of this button. Take the opacity of the computer control button down to 0. See if this will work. I don't have a VG tp in my office so I can't confirm that this will work, but its worth a shot.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses guys, I'll have to try out the opacity method and see if that works. I dont have the panel in front of me, but just setting that in TP4 looks like it might do the trick.

I'll reply back once I find out if it works. Thanks!
  • Options
    dbradydbrady Posts: 30
    How about making your computer control button. Make the RGB button on top and put its touch sytle as passthrough. This way the presses will be transferred down to the computer control button.