Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Website/Forums

IE7 support?

Any idea on when/if IE7 will work correctly on the AMX main website? I am not sure about the XP version, but the Vista version doesn't work too well with AMX.com.

Curt

Comments

• TrikinCurt wrote:
    Any idea on when/if IE7 will work correctly on the AMX main website? I am not sure about the XP version, but the Vista version doesn't work too well with AMX.com.

Curt

Hi Curt,

What do you mean by work correctly on AMX main website?

I have just installed IE 7 yesterday and have yet find much problem on browsing the main website. Maybe you could explain the problem and I try it out :-) Quite a newbie here.

Eric
  • I have not tried the XP version that was released today. Specifically this is Windows Vista RC2, perhaps something changed in the XP version (I didn't dare change my main machine).

I will try to upload a screenshot of what happens on Vista... If it is just an issue wih the beta software of vista and not IE7 as a whole, then no big deal! We just have one person at the office using it.

Curt
    Trikin
  • wcravenelwcravenel Posts: 114
    This post is using IE7 w/ RC2.

I can't always get into Tech Center from main page. Just get a blank page. Trusted Site, Protected Mode Off. But by going to another area or two, then I get in.

Touchpanel Resources page definitely not right, though. Partner logos alternate with the different styles of TP sections.

This is an interesting twist, since Firefox on RC2 works nicely.

Bill
  • TrikinCurt wrote:
    I have not tried the XP version that was released today. Specifically this is Windows Vista RC2, perhaps something changed in the XP version (I didn't dare change my main machine).

I will try to upload a screenshot of what happens on Vista... If it is just an issue wih the beta software of vista and not IE7 as a whole, then no big deal! We just have one person at the office using it.

Curt
    Trikin

Hi Trikin!

I'm using the full version released for XP. It works fine and I am able to open the page you specified without trouble. However, I'm using a Windows XP Pro as operating system. What I did is just download the full version of IE 7 from website and install. Didn't even alter anything. :-)
  • Ie 7

IE 7 is a nice update. I have been using it since last Thursday without any problems. I really like the Tab feature.
  • I won't go back to using I.E., so I have to ask - tab feature, like the one Firefox has had for eons?

- Chip
  • HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    tabs
    I won't go back to using I.E., so I have to ask - tab feature, like the one Firefox has had for eons?

That's it. I used the final "beta" or "rc" of IE7 for a while and I have to admit that there are some nice things about it, but I'm going back to Firefox. With Firefox you can install "Flashblock" which really cuts down on eye-strain but gives you the ability to see the Flash when you want to. I also like the ability to be able to block images from selected sites and to control multiplying windows. I guess IE7 does that last bit too. I've been playing with Firefox 2.0 which has gotten very mixed reviews. I'm not sure if I like it or not.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've installed IE7, but I use Firefox. From all I have heard, the newest of IE's brings the core of the browser nearly to Firefox standards, but I have gotten far too accustomed to all my nice extensions in Firefox to ever switch back.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    Hedberg wrote:
    With Firefox you can install "Flashblock" which really cuts down on eye-strain but gives you the ability to see the Flash when you want to. I also like the ability to be able to block images from selected sites and to control multiplying windows.
    I didn't know there was a "Flashblock" before I read your post. I heard about it when it was just a beta, but I must have missed its release. Sure enough, I installed it and it works great! Thanks.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526
    B_Clements wrote:
    IE 7 is a nice update. I have been using it since last Thursday without any problems. I really like the Tab feature.

Always funny to hear people discover functions that exist since months/years in open source software :D

My two cents joke ;)

Vinc