Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

ICSnet for NI-3100 retro-fittable?

Can the "daughter card" for ICSnet be retro-fit to an NI-3100 if you need it later?

Does anybody know why this previously-standard NI-3000 feature was made optional on the NI-3100 with a price increase?

Comments

• Options
    AVOPHILE wrote:
    Can the "daughter card" for ICSnet be retro-fit to an NI-3100 if you need it later?
    It is an option, but I think you are supposed to order this up front. Perhaps a return to the factory for a retrofit is possible. I will post again if this a field upgradable option.
    AVOPHILE wrote:
    Does anybody know why this previously-standard NI-3000 feature was made optional on the NI-3100 with a price increase?
    The memory was doubled and processor speed increased to offset the cost of the missing ICSNet connections. So without the ISCNet option the price of an NI-2100/3100 is the same.

It is my understanding that ICSNet is not used that much any more. From a technical standpoint, I actually like the bus for expanding a system. Despite Ethernet being a standard, a dedicated control bus like ISCNet has an advantage for transmitting data between control nodes.
  • Options
    VLCNCRZRVLCNCRZR Posts: 216
    ICSNet optional

Currently, the ICSNet bus is the ONLY avenue I see for adding any NetLinx
    module boxes.

I personally think this was a bad decision to remove this connectivity as standard.

I have very few projects where there is not a need for control modules.

This would be great if AMX developed some ethernet modules. Then you could
    ultimately make them wireless ethernet modules, which would be really cool.

I will definitely always order the NI with the option installed, whether I need it or not.
  • Options
    FrankieFrankie Posts: 71
    We had a NI2100 show up here without the ICSNet option installed. I called tech support and they sent me the card. It was not had to install but after installing the card the master would not power up. The NI part would come on but the master would not. So tech support just ended up sending me a new master with ICSNet already installed.

Frankie
  • Options
    SergeyMSergeyM Posts: 22
    NXA-ICSNET - ICSNet Option Card for NI-2100 and NI-3100

There is in pricelist:

NXA-ICSNET FG2105-10 ICSNet Option Card for NI-2100 and NI-3100 NetLinx Controllers 200,00 USD MSRP