Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Mio DMS Dynamic Favorite Channels

I have been playing with the new Mio DMS list box options and haven't figured out yet the best way to utilize the dynamic list box to load Favorite Music channels. The Static list box works fine since we have to hard code every single channel. The problem of the static list is when you need to update the channels lineup. In this case, you will need to change all the keypads manually, and those that work in large projects know how tedious and time consuming that can be.

So, dynamic list box is the way to go. On the old DMS I used to have a text file with the channels lineup loaded into the Netlinx Master. When changes on the lineup occurred I had to only FTP the file to the Master and Reboot it. All keypads in the project would then use the new uploaded lineup. This essentially is what I am trying to do with the new Mio DMS keypads. I wish AMX would release sample code with new products. In the case of the Mio DMS, dynamic lists are a need. Any ideas or sample code for loading favorite music channels???

Thanks,

Ricardo

Comments

• Options
    I have been playing with the new Mio DMS list box options and haven't figured out yet the best way to utilize the dynamic list box to load Favorite Music channels. The Static list box works fine since we have to hard code every single channel. The problem of the static list is when you need to update the channels lineup. In this case, you will need to change all the keypads manually, and those that work in large projects know how tedious and time consuming that can be.

So, dynamic list box is the way to go. On the old DMS I used to have a text file with the channels lineup loaded into the Netlinx Master. When changes on the lineup occurred I had to only FTP the file to the Master and Reboot it. All keypads in the project would then use the new uploaded lineup. This essentially is what I am trying to do with the new Mio DMS keypads. I wish AMX would release sample code with new products. In the case of the Mio DMS, dynamic lists are a need. Any ideas or sample code for loading favorite music channels???

Thanks,

Ricardo

In the Onkline help of KeypadBuilder there is an example code included.

In simple words, the Dynamic listbox has 1 address code, which is used to fill the lines with texts from master code.

This is from the KeypadBuilder manual:
    ---
    ^LDA(Click on the command for more information)

Syntax:

"'^LDA-<list address>,<uniflag>,<primary data>,<data2>,...'"

Variables:

list address = address where data resides

uniflag = indicates unicode; 0 - No unicode, 1 - Uses unicode

primary data = the "key" data column. The information in this column provides each row with its uniqueness.

data2 = variable, column data information. The number of data fields is limited only to the number of columns in the data list.

Example:

SEND_COMMAND Keypad, "'^LDA-1,0,Entry5,Meatloaf,Best of,Anything for Love'"

Adds a text row to the data list located at address 1. The primary data is set as Entry5. Meatloaf, Best of, and Anything for Love are all cells within the new row.

Note the following rules apply:

Leading and trailing spaces are ignored before and after opening and closing double quotes.

Double quotes must be the first non-space character after the previous delimiter (,) and the last non-space character before the following delimiter (or end of command).

Within double quotes, the backslash (\) is used as an escape character. This is to allow double quote literals within the string bounded by double quotes. When a backslash is parsed, the next character is read as a literal value and the backslash is discarded. There are 2 cases in which you would use the backslash

to escape a double quote literal within the field,

to escape another backslash (commas do not need to be escaped).

Any data field that has a double quote literal as its first character MUST use double quotes to delimit the field, then use the backslash to escape the double quote literal.

Adds a new row to an existing data list. Primary data is required.

List box commands contain comma-delimited fields, but you can use commas within the fields. Use double-quotes to surround fields in which commas are needed.

---
    But well, I never programmed a dynamic list before........ :rolleyes: