Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

EmailPlus, changing ports

Is there a means of changing the pop3 and smtp ports in i!-EmailPlus? Or should I just use the i!-EquipmentMonitor with its in and out .axi.

I don't seem to have a problem with the pop3 port 110 but the smtp port 25 just doesn't work even if I use my ISP's pop3 account. From my understanding they are not supoosed to block themselves but it appears they do.

I've been playing with both nerdshack & yahoo email pop3 accounts and neither work on smtp port 25. However, they both work perfectly on their alternate ports of 465 and 587 respectively. The problem is EmailPlus doesn't appear to offer any means to modify these setting whereas Equipment monitor does. Now I probably won't stop with simple notifications which is why I'd prefer the EmailPlus but should I actually be moving up the MM / RMS?

What are ya'll doing out there?

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I think MM/RMS is overkill for just e-mail. On the other hand, I have never used i!-E-MailPlus either, since i!-EquipmentMonitor fills all my needs. SO, though I don't have an answer, I would be extremely disappointed if the only workable solution was to step up to a package that was so overpowered for such a simple change.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Dave wrote:
    I think MM/RMS is overkill for just e-mail.
    Yeah, plus I would need a PC to stay on 24/7 located somewhere. I don't know if MM/RMS would have any real benefit in residential either, I'll continue playing will it and see what's it capabilties are for my own edification. I'm currently having issues with the web root and the MM/RMS pages not displaying.

i!EmailPlus have some neat features like quick pick meassages, address books and a complete set of TP pages (quite dated though). For quick viewing & sending of email it appears adequate with only a need for minor modifications in appearance and function.

All it needs is to have an AMX programmer change the module put the port settings in the include or main and then pass the ports setting to the module. Five minutes tops! With out this change the application is useless at least as far as sending email (unless the server is local).