Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Yamaha RXV1 Protocol

Has anyone used the Yamaha RXV1 Receiver? I'm taking over an old Axcess job and converting it to NetLinx.

The customer wants to keep as many of the old components as possible.

The module that AMX has is not very complete. Specifically I was hoping to have volume feedback and the ability to set volume discretely.

There are others at my company that program in Cre$tr0n and they gave me the module that was produced for that platform. There seems to be a lot more functionality in their module but some stuff isn't adding up. Basically the few commands that AMX has provided don't seem to match with those in this other file.

I can't seem to find anything online except for a manual from yamaha that includes no commands.

Anybody out there have any experience with this device?

Comments

• Options
    Yamaha

I am not sure that receiver supports what you want to do. Attached are a couple of manuals that should help. You may need to use the module pass-through function or write your own.

I believe the RX-V1 was the first Yamaha receiver with RS232. Subsequent Yamaha receivers used the same data format with extended functionality.

Enjoy.
  • Options
    JimiJimi Posts: 10
    Volume Banks and Volume Memory

Thanks Brian. I guess the only way I'm going to be able to verify the volume functionality is on site. I was hoping to avoid that as the customer is not the most accommodating. Oh well, it can only do what it can do.

I have a question about a group of commands that I noticed in the first file you attached. Does anybody know what the 'volume memory' and 'volume bank' commands do?