Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Axcent3 in Slave mode: does it lose it's programming?

An AMX tech note on setting the Axcent3 to slave mode claims that doing so clears the programming. But another post in these forums claims that if you switch the Axcent3 back into Master mode, the pre-existing programming is still there and will work OK.

I understand the the Axcent3 programming certainly isn't accessable while it's in slave mode, and that's fine. This will be my first Axcent3 - to NetLinx upgrade that retains the old Axcent3 unit. I'd like to be able to temporarily kick an Axcent3 into slave mode for some testing, and then kick it back into master mode until I'm ready to deploy the new master controller permanently.

Can someone confirm that the programming in the Axcent3 stays there and will still work when kicked back into master mode?

Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    I just did a slave mode conversion and was assured before I started that it would revert with no fuss. I didn't actually try to do so however.
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    I can confirm you everything sits in A3 when in slave mode (whatever IR or programs, they stay there and start again when you pass it back in master mode ;)

Vince
  • Options
    Thank you!

Thank you for the replies. This will really help.
  • Options
    Yes, it remains there. I have many Axcent III's in slave mode with a NI-700 and if something happens to the NI-700 it's a 30 sec switch back to Axcent III master.