Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware MAX by AMX
Options

Backup of MAX

I would like to Backup the existing 160 DVDs on a powerfull Fileserver. (1 TB)

I had several breakdowns of MAX and rented the loader several times to get my 160 DVDs in!

Can I directly access it via Ethernet and maybee even view it on the Computer when my MAX is broken again?

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Not that I know of - it's all Unix (Linux maybe?) inside the MAX server. AMX can connect to it and do all sorts of stuff, but as far as I know, they won't share that with you. Best bet is call AMX Tech Support and ask for Wiley. He's the MAX guru and is very helpful.

Which MAX are you using? I'm having some trouble understanding how the program material is getting lost; isn't it all on RAID drives? Isn't that the whole point, so you don't lose data on a hardware failure?
  • Options
    incompetent dealer...

the spanish dealer took the machine for replacement and I got a new and empty one back!

:-( In theory the data should be save,,,, as you do regular with microsoft you can loose
    data with others too :-(
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    the spanish dealer took the machine for replacement and I got a new and empty one back!

:-( In theory the data should be save,,,, as you do regular with microsoft you can loose
    data with others too :-(

I bet they just swapped it with one in stock rather than wait for the overseas shippping delay to get it fixed. Heck, I got AMX to send a tech to my site when I had issues ... but it's rather different in-country (and when you have a 12 TB system).