Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions VisualArchitect

VA 1.1 Rebuilding Device Database

When I launch VA it appear to start okay, with "Initializing Device Database", then the Progress box which states "Rebuilding Device Database".

It don't get past the Rebuilding Device Database screen. (It stays in this mode)

I wandering if I should try removing the program and reinstalling it.

Has anyone had problems loading this program?

Thanks

brian

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It takes a very long time to rebuild that database, several hours. Just let it go overnight or run in the background while you are doing something else.
  • KouyaKouya Posts: 60
    I'll let do it's thing

Thanks

Dave
  • Unless your PC is speed-deficient, the database maintenance in VA 1.1 should be an order of magnitude faster than that of VA 1.0. On a 2.8GHz PC, a complete rebuild against the standard set of modules and IR files included in the VA install only takes between 4 and 5 minutes. Also, there are status messages that are output in VA 1.1 to let you know what it is currently doing. Those message should be changing very frequently; so, if your status appears to be "frozen", then there is something awry. With VA 1.1, you should not have to let anything run overnight anymore.