Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

TPDesign/Use Browser to talk to Netlinx "controller"

When you are using TPDesign and you convert to HTML, do the actual pages (html, asp, etc) have to exist on the controller itself (NXC ME260)? Or can they exist on another server, and the commands are sent to the controller from this other server?

P.S. Using TPDesign 3

Comments

• Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    They have to be on "a" controller. So that can be the actual controller connected to the equipment, but could also be another controller that is connected to another controller that is in his turn connected to the equipment (hope that makes sense)
  • Options
    david60504 wrote:
    When you are using TPDesign and you convert to HTML, do the actual pages (html, asp, etc) have to exist on the controller itself (NXC ME260)? Or can they exist on another server, and the commands are sent to the controller from this other server?

If you want your controller to see the button pushes, I suspect that the html has to be served by the relevant controller.

You could of course put the html on another controller and programmatically forward the pushes wherever you want.
  • Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Well in fact your pages generated by TPD3 can be hosted on a webserver independantly of netlinx controller. In that case you just need to edit one of the two HTML files generated by TPD3 so it contains IP of netlinx controller to allow the Java Applet to know where to connect ;)

Vince