Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

TPD3 vs TPD4 - Button Text Alignment

G'day,

I had a bit of a search but couldn't find any answers on the forum for my question.
When you press a button on a G3 panel that has a 3D rectangle border, the text
on the button follows the 3D effect by moving down and to the right by 2 pixels.
I can not find how to do this on a G4 panel with TPD4. When a panel file is imported
into TPD4 it assigns a 3D rectangle border to a Bevel border. The bevel border
however does not shift the text.
I can get around this by changing the text justification to absolute and offsetting the
on state, but this becomes tedious with hundreds of buttons and alignment is very
difficult and sometimes impossible with multi-line text buttons.

Anybody have the same problem?
Is there a simple solution?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Maybe if you just add a drop down shadow text effect to the "ON" channel and not the "OFF" that will be close enough. If not then hopefully all your buttons are the same size so you can set the justification to absolute and all the x,y, offsets would be the same and they all could be done at the same time.

Otherwise I see no other options.
  • Options
    mushmush Posts: 287
    vining wrote:
    If not then hopefully all your buttons are the same size so you can set the justification to absolute and all the x,y, offsets would be the same and they all could be done at the same time.

Unfortunately the x co-ordinates are exactly the same only if the text is exactly the same.
    the y is the same for the same font size.

Thanks for your ideas all the same.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Oh, didn't think of that. What a bummer!
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    It's not a great solution, but for what it's worth:

Make your text effect a hard drop shadow. Set it to transparent in the off state. Make the main text transparent in the on state. When the button is off, you won't see the drop shadow, but you will see the main text; in the on state you won't see the main, but will see the drop text. The main drawback, of course, is you lose the ability to display all the nice text effects.

What would be a cleaner way of dealing with it would be if justification and position were independent settings. It annoys the heck out of me that I have to manually justify text the instant I move it off center.
  • Options
    mushmush Posts: 287
    DHawthorne wrote:
    It annoys the heck out of me that I have to manually justify text the instant I move it off center.

Me too!

Thanks for your idea Dave, I hadn't thought of that one.