Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions VisualArchitect
Options

Compiler error

I'm just trying to create a very simple project in VA to control a Request F2.250 via ethernet. When I try to generate and transfer system file I get the following compiler error.
---- Starting NetLinx Compile - Version[2.3.0.0] [12-31-2006 08:32:05] ----

ERROR: C:\PROGRAM FILES\AMX CONTROL DISC\VISUALARCHITECT\PROJECTS\MY REQUEST SYSTEM\INCLUDE\DECODE1.axi(1118): C10233: Symbol [VDVMEDIA1] not defined

C:\Program Files\AMX Control Disc\VisualArchitect\Projects\My Request System\Source\My Request System.axs - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

NetLinx Compile Complete [12-31-2006 08:32:10]

I'm trying to upload the VA file but apparently that kind of file is not allowed to be upload.
Any ideas why I'm getting this error. I tried and replaced the F2-250 ethernet with a F2-250 serial duet modeule and still getting the same error. If I use two F2-250 one Ethernet and one serial I still get the same exact error.

Comments

• Options
    flcusatflcusat Posts: 309
    Apparently the problem is in the Duet modules itself. After I tried all the available modules in VA for Request's servers, Integra's, Russound, and iPort (didn't try the AMX's servers); the only one that didn't give me this error were the Russound's SMS3 and the iPort’s IW5 (which is a docking station but it is listed under Digital Media Server) and both of them don't have anything in the UI and there are not functions to assign under Customize UI Pages
    I'm questioning if the people assigned to the design of these duet modules really test them before make them available to download to VA. At this moment VA is pretty much useless for me since most of the lines that we carry don't have duet modules available and the few that have a module available don't have important functions not even available to customize the UI pages.
    For example, Marantz's receiver SR8500. The duet module don't give direct access to the different Surround Modes. The only way is scrolling through them using Previous and Next surround modules. The same occurred for the most popular receiver brands since apparently a template is used for the category receiver without having into consideration the differences between brands.