Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Changing Popup Left, Top Properties

I keep running into this problem - so maybe someone else has too :)

I have a group of popups for controlling different devices like DVD, VCR, Cable TV, etc. If my user has a room with one projector - I want all the control popups to show in the middle of the page. If my user has two projectors - I want all the popups to show lower at the bottom of the page with a "Select Projector Destination" popup at the top.

I keep having to create 2 sets of popups for each device (DVD, VCR, Cable TV, etc). One set aligned in the middle of the page - another set aligned at the bottom. This is incredibly annoying as it doubles the number of pages I have and the only thing that is different is the Top and Left General Properties.

I'm pretty sure I can change where a page starts appearing for an effect, but this doesn't really help. Has anyone figured out a way to get around this?

Comments

• Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I've wanted to do something similar in the past and couldn't find a way.
  • Options
    DavidRDavidR Posts: 62
    have you tried popup drag?

it seems to remember where the popup was last left. if the popup pages are small it works well. the channel code is 0:70 and I assign it to the background part of the popup.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Here's a method that should work but requires additional code. Create a large pop up that contains both version of buttons groups on one page use the same channel numbers for similar buttons but assign different VT addresess numbers to the different groups that is of course if your not actually going to send them text. Every button in a group can have the same VT address number to simplify coding. Then in code depending on your situation using the following send commands to determine which group is visible. This should accomplish what you want.
    "'^SHO-<variable text address range>,<command value>'"

Show or hide a button with a set variable text range. 

Syntax: 

SEND_COMMAND <DEV>,"'^SHO-<vt addr range>,<command value>'"

Variables: 

variable text address range = 1 - 4000.

command value = (0= hide, 1= show).

Example:

SEND_COMMAND Panel,"'^SHO-500.504&510.515,0'"

Hides buttons with variable text address range 500-504 

& 510-515.