Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Panel reboot with program

is it possible to reboot a TP over sourcecode ?
like this: SEND_COMMAN dvTP1, "'reboot'" ????

Thank's 4 reply
Tom

Comments

• Options
    thomas.jud wrote:
    is it possible to reboot a TP over sourcecode ?
    like this: SEND_COMMAN dvTP1, "'reboot'" ????

Thank's 4 reply
    Tom
    A lot of device can rebooted by the REBOOT() instruction.
    DEFINE_DEVICE
    dvPanel = 10001:1:0

DEFINE_EVENT
    BUTTON_EVENT[dvPanel,1]
    {
    PUSH: { REBOOT(dvPanel) }
    }

Mostly it's used to reboot the master, for example if Duet Mem or Queue sizes are changed by program.

Not all devices support the REBOOT() command, but the Modero panels will do it.

BTW - for what reason?

Kind regards,
  • Options
    Thank's it work with Modero Panel's !

Reason / Test:
    In a project with 11 modero panels reacts individual touchpanels very slowly. After a restart the problem is repaired.
    For a test section we'll reboot all panel by night.

Do you have a other soulution ? or experience by this effect ?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There is an obscure bug that if you have a panel defined in multiple masters that uses more than 8 levels, the masters where it is not connected directly only see the first 8. This is because the remote masters use a virtual device internally to track the remotely connected panels. The solution is to use SET_VIRTUAL_LEVEL to make sure those extra levels work, but it won't take in startup because the command fires before they are online. Similarly, putting them in an online event doesn't work because if the master reboots, it may not see the online event in time. So, I put a line in startup to reboot the panels. By the time they come back online, everything is ready to catch the event properly.

Heh, the bottom line is I have used the panel reboot command without any ill effect other than the panel actually rebooting.
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    Just a FYI that I have the same 'slow' panel problem and rebooting seems to fix it for awhile. Any ideas if this maybe a firmware issue? I haven't rebooted them as a program function as yet but may have too.