Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

Editing Setup Pages on Moderos

I have a client who wants to have a way to reboot his MVPs without pulling the batteries, and I don't want to give him access to Protected Setup, too much stuff he can screw up.

The solution needs to work if the connection to the master has gone down (since that would be the main reason he would need to reboot).

I have tried importing the System Page Templates and copying them into my file but I cannot seem to get them to be accessed from the front button setup access. I have tried with the "__setup" and "_setup" and neither one will work from the front button.

I am a little stuck,

Comments

• Options
    Only a part the solution:

genarate a owner site and copy / paste the setup buttons..
    or genarate a reboot button with this background

DEFINE_DEVICE
    dvPanel = 10001:1:0

DEFINE_EVENT
    BUTTON_EVENT[dvPanel,1]
    {
    PUSH: { REBOOT(dvPanel) }
    }

(see my thread "reboot panel by program")
  • Options
    Problem is I need to reboot because I have lost connectivity with the master, hence not able to reboot from program.
  • Options
    and whats about a internal panel flip to a site with a "reboot button" with DEV 0 and Channel 21 ?
  • Options
    I tried putting a hidden, password protected, Reboot button on every page but they didn't like it because it was too easy to hit it accidentally and the user gets confused when they see the keypad.

Is there a way to setup a page flip on a button release if it has been held down for a minimum of 5 sec? Without contact with the master of course.